Creamy, protein-filled and satisfying, this vegetarian sandwich is perfect for picnics or cut into small sandwiches for parties.
Nutrition Tip: The healthy fats contained in hummus are polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Eating these types of fats may help improve blood cholesterol levels, decrease the risk of heart disease, and help control blood sugar.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced lenghtwise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Toast bread.
- Spread hummus and guacamole on 1 slice of bread. Top with salad, cheese, cucumber and tomato. Top with second slice of bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 9.7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 452mgCarbohydrates: 59.3gFiber: 9.8gProtein: 15.1g