These stuffed mini sweet pepper mummies are the perfect Halloween snack or party appetizer! Stuffed with creamy, taco-inspired shredded chicken, wrapped up with strips of crescent rolls and baked to perfection, you won’t be able to eat just one!
Recipe created in partnership with Pero Family Farms.
- 12 Pero Family Farms® mini sweet peppers
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 8 ounces lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz.) package crescent rolls, cut into thin strips
- 48 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds.
- Mix chicken, cream cheese and taco seasoning in medium bowl. Fill pepper halves with chicken/cream cheese mix. Wrap peppers with 1-2 crescent roll strips, leaving room for eyes.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool before adding eyes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g