Turn a chicken & rice dinner into these lunchbox-friendly muffins! Make a big batch at the start of the week for easy snacks and lunchbox packing.
Nutrition Tip: Studies have shown that significant weight control has been observed in people who regularly ate chicken because of its protein content.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Sazón seasoning
- 1/4 cup trail mix
- 1/2 cup snipped green beans
- 1 tablespoon lowfat Ranch
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in large mixing bowl. Add cooled rice, chicken, kale, broccoli, cheese and seasoning. Mix well.
- Fill muffin cups with chicken and rice mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let sit in pan a few minutes to cool, then remove.
- Serve with trail mix, green beans and Ranch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5.5gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 16.5g