When hungry kids come calling, having a stash of these no-bake energy bites in the fridge will have you feeling like a super mom! Packed with oats, dried cranberries, pistachios, peanut butter and flaxseed, with a touch of sweetness from the maple syrup, these granola bites will help fill kids up and keep hunger at bay until dinner.
I love that these require no baking & are easy enough that kids can make themselves. To make scooping and rolling these energy bites easier, we use a small cookie scoop to get the perfect size.
Keep a stash in the fridge for a healthy snack the whole family will love. Plus, they’re perfect to throw in your bag if you’re on the go. Whether you’re fueling an active kid or holding off hunger until dinner these will be a hit.
Ways to Customize Energy Bites
- Go Nut-Free: Swap the peanut butter for Sunbutter and the pistachios for pumpkin seeds.
- Add Some Fun: White chocolate chips are a great addition to this recipe or add seasonings like cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Easy Swaps: Use your favorite nut butter in place of peanut butter or use almonds, peanuts or cashews in place of pistachios
- Increase the Nutrition: Add a little extra flaxseed or stir in some chia seeds for a boost of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
I have to admit, this recipe comes with a warning – you won’t be able to stop snacking on them! We’ve been making a batch almost every week and they never last long.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- Mix oatmeal, dried cranberries, pistachios, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and flaxseed in large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Once chilled, scoop out and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week