These Mac n’ Cheese Muffins are a healthy spin on a kid-favorite. Since they’re fun to eat and packed with flavor, kids won’t even know they’re filled with veggies!
- 3/4 sweet onion
- 1 cup baby cut carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz.) box whole wheat macaroni noodles, cooked according to package
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Puree onion, carrots and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix cheddar, mozzarella, egg, butter and olive oil in large bowl. Add cooked macaroni, vegetables and ½ cup bread crumbs. Stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon mixture evenly into greased muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top and bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with Fruit Naturals®
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 11.37gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 40.44gFiber: 3.76gProtein: 20.63g