This easy Instant Pot ramen is a serious upgrade to those packets of ramen from college. We added a healthy dose of protein with chicken and loaded up on veggies like onions, bok choy and carrot. And there’s no need for the sodium-filled packet of seasoning that comes with the noodle, it’s easy to flavor this ramen with a few simple ingredients.
Nutrition Tip: Chicken is a great source of high-quality protein, meaning that it contains the essential amino acids your body needs for protein —and would be a delicious addition to your next cookout.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chili paste
- 6 ounces ramen noodles, discard seasoning packets
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant. Add chicken, chicken broth, onion, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and chili paste. Lock lid and pressure cook 15 minutes. Natural release 5 minutes, then quick release. Remove chicken and shred.
- Set the Instant pot to sauté. Stir in noodles, bok choy, and carrots. Let sit 5 minutes or until the noodles are softened. Add shredded chicken.
- Top with green onion and cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g