This recipe is a twist on classic Alfredo but made much healthier by swapping avocados for the butter and heavy cream. This 30-minute meal is delicious, low fat, creamy and packed with protein. Try adding spinach for added nutrition or swamping out the pasta for zucchini noodles.
Nutrition Tip: The creamy avocado has been shown to support brain health thanks to its high monounsaturated fat content. This healthy fat supports blood flow and lowers blood pressure, therefore helping out the brain.
- 1 (16 oz.) box whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pounds cooked, sliced chicken breast
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Mix avocado, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth. Add ½ to ¾ cup pasta water and blend.
- Toss pasta with avocado sauce and tomatoes. Add remaining pasta water, if needed.
- Top with cheese and sliced chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g