If there’s one thing our Jr. Chef Charli knows, it’s how to make a delicious salsa. She keeps the ingredients simple – tomatoes, sweet peppers, onion, cilantro, lime juice and garlic salt – which all gets blended together in the food processor for a restaurant-style salsa you can’t help but dip into again and again.
Ask anyone who has tried Charli’s salsa and they’ll agree, it gets two thumbs up! It’s usually the first thing to disappear at family gatherings or our annual Super Bowl party.
Nutrition Tip: Good news: Veggie-packed salsa counts as a serving of vegetables! This one is loaded with vitamin C. Don’t forget to keep your tomatoes on the counter (refrigerating them dulls the flavor).
Getting our kids in the kitchen is a great way to get them to try new foods and build confidence. When they create a delicious meal, they’re not only more likely to eat it, seeing their family enjoying what they made will give them a confidence boost that will last.
- 5 mini sweet peppers, seeded, quartered
- 3 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, halved
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- Place peppers, tomatoes, lime juice, onion, cilantro and garlic salt in food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached.