These banana sushi rolls are so fun to add to lunchboxes alongside your favorites. If your school is a nut-free zone, swap the peanut butter for soy butter or Sunbutter, or use chocolate hummus!
Nutrition Tip: Think of the fat in your diet as a balancing act. Balance a higher fat option [peanut butter] with low-fat options [like fruit] over time.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 large (6-inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter, divided
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 kiwifruit, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Lay tortilla on flat surface. Spread with half of the peanut butter. Place banana on one end of tortilla and roll up. Cut into even slices and place strawberries and kiwi sliced on top.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter on HIGH 30 seconds, or until melted, and drizzle over banana sushi.
- Top with shredded coconut.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 9g