In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Brierley Horton about make-ahead meals. Brierly shares tips on how to prep meals in advance, make-ahead breakfast and snack ideas, how to freeze meals and more.
Brierley is a registered dietitian and single mom of two, who was formally the Food & Nutrition Director for Cooking Light magazine where she spent her days coming up with healthy and quick recipe ideas for busy people. Before that, she was with EatingWell magazine. Now she freelances and works for various outlets writing, editing, and wearing her registered dietitian hat.
Today, we’re snacking on some easy make-ahead egg muffins! These simple muffins can be made with your favorite veggies like our Mission for Nutrition partners Avocados From Mexico, Pero Family Farms® mini sweet peppers and Earthbound Farm® baby spinach! Easy to mix and match and reheat for quick breakfasts all week. Watch the video and get the recipe on YouTube.
Mission For Nutrition
Our Mission for Nutrition is still going strong! Head to themissionfornutrition.com to download our free 5-day meal plan ebook and also to win all of our great weekly prizes (this week is a KitchenAid stand mixer!).
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 1:11 Meet Brierley
- 2:19 Staple make-ahead dinners
- 6:04 Make-ahead snacks
- 10:10 Healthy Bites Break with Mission For Nutrition Partners
- 12:14 Breakfast meal prep ideas
- 15:41 Freezer meals
- 23:14 How to make time for meal planning
- 24 Healthy Recipes That Reheat Well
- 15+ Make-Ahead & Freezable Meals
- 6 Tips for Freezer Meal Success
- 12 Essential Meal Prep Tools
- Follow Brierley on Instagram
Favorite Make-Ahead Recipes
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Ep. 22: Meal Planning for Busy Families
- Ep. 21: Meal Planning & Cooking with Kids
- Ep. 9: Quick & Easy Dinner Hacks
- Ep. 7: Lunchbox Meal Prep
- Ep. 1: Meal Planning for Beginners
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.