Let’s face it – mornings are no picnic. Between getting kids dressed and fed (not to mention, remembering that today is Crazy Sock Day or Silly T-Shirt Day), packing lunches and making sure the kids’ backpacks are fully stocked with homework, getting out the door on time is never easy.
That’s why I love grab-and-go breakfasts. The kids can eat them in the car on the way to school, saving me precious time in the morning. Whether whipping up a smoothie or having a batch of healthy muffins on hand, these grab and go breakast ideas will be a life-saver!
Breakfast Cookies & Granola Bars
Homemade breakfast cookies and granola bars are perfect to make on the weekend to have on hand all week for quick breakfasts, after-school snacks or to add to lunchboxes!
- No-Bake Granola Bites from Produce for Kids
- Quinoa Granola Bar Cups from Fork & Beans
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies from Iowa Girl Eats
- Apple Pie Snack Bars from Produce for Kids
- Chia Seed Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies from With Salt and Wit
- Nut-Free Snack Bars from Real Mom Nutrition
- Nutty Breakfast Cookies from Produce for Kids
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from The Lemon Bowl
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from Holley Grainger
The possibilities are endless with muffins! Whether you want sweet or savory, there’s a combo out there for everyone. Bonus: most muffins are freezable so you can bake an extra batch now for later!
- Apple Pumpkin French Toast Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins From An Edible Mosaic
- Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Carrot Butternut Whole Grain Muffins from Peas & Crayons
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites from The Lean Green Bean
- Mini Zucchini Bread Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins from Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Healthy Apple Spice Muffins from Overtime Cook
- Strawberry Banana Blender Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Healthy Trail Mix Muffins from Happy Food Healthy Life
We love smoothies! They’re easy to blend up in the morning, can be packed with lots of fruits and veggies, and are completely portable. We love to make smoothie packs ahead of time using this Build Your Own Smoothie guide for quick and easy smoothies.
- Peach Pie Smoothie from Produce for Kids
- Banana, Blueberry & Mango Smoothie from Produce for Kids
- Fruity Greek Yogurt Smoothie from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Fruity Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from Produce for Kids
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie from Meal Planning Magic
- Quick Banana Oatmeal Smoothie from Produce for Kids
When it comes to meal prep, overnight oats are at the top of the list. Just add your oats, liquid and toppings to mason jarsm shake and store in the refrigerator overnight. Like muffins, the combos are endless!
- Blueberry Cobbler Overnight Oats from Julie Harrington
- Morning Glory Overnight Oats from Produce for Kids
- Mango Berry Overnight Oats from Spend with Pennies
- Pear & Almond Overnight Oats from Produce for Kids
- Tropical Overnight Oats from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Breakfast Wraps & Sandwiches
We can’t forget about the perfect hot breakfast! These breakfast sandwiches, wraps and more can be made ahead of time and reheated in the morning before heading out the door.
- Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast Sandwich from Produce for Kids
- Crispy Baked Breakfast Taquitos from Valerie’s Kitchen
- Make-Ahead Freezable Breakfast Burritos from Produce for Kids
- Personalized Frittatas from Simple Roots Wellness
- Cosmic Fruit Wrap from Produce for Kids
- Easy Breakfast Roll-Ups from Home Cookie Memories
- Broccoli Cheese Crustless Quiches from Produce for Kids
- Whole Wheat Spinach Cheddar Scones from Family Food on the Table