Cold pasta salads make perfect packable lunches for school, work, picnics and parties. This easy recipe is healthy with whole wheat pasta and fresh produce.
- 1/4 cup lowfat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Combine dressing, basil, and garlic in small bowl.
- Place pasta in large bowl; add tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms and onion. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 17gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 9gProtein: 29g