Whether you’re celebrating Taco Tuesday or just need a fun lunchbox idea that kids can help make, these wonton taco cups are perfect! You can easily swap out ingredients with your favorite – go meatless with beans, top with salsa or add your favorite veggies.
Nutrition Tip: A serving of lean beef [about 3 ounces] provides 10 essential nutrients, including about half of your Daily Value for protein in around 150 calories.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 mini sweet peppers
- 1/4 small RealSweet® sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and return to pan. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add tomato, peppers, onion and cilantro to food processor and chop until fine (or finely chop by hand). Add to ground beef and mix well.
- Line muffin pans with wonton wrappers, place 1 in each cup. Add taco mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until wontons start to brown on edges.
- Top with sliced avocados. To prevent avocados from turning brown in the lunchbox, toss with lime juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g