Brunch is served! Switch up your classic pancakes with this simple Upside Down Skillet Pancake made with fresh apples. Top with a drizzle of syrup, yogurt, and fresh fruit for a breakfast the whole family will love.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Jodi of Create Kids Club.
- 2 medium Chelan Fresh apples, peeled, sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whole grain complete pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add apples, syrup, butter and pumpkin pie spice. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly and apples are softened.
- Whisk together pancake mix and water in separate bowl. Pour over apples.
- Place pan in oven and bake 20 minutes, or until pancake is set. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula to loosen pancake from skillet. Place large plate over top of skillet and flip to release pancake onto plate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g