Shepherd’s Pie is always a family classic with layers of goodness. This dish is also great to use up your leftovers. We added a twist using mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes – the kids will never know!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 oz.) can no-salt-added tomato sauce,
- 16 ounces Green Giant™ Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles®, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lowfat cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and corn, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Add turkey and cook 5-7 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Add flour and salt, stir to coat. Add Worcestershire, garlic powder, tomato sauce and ½ cup water. Mix well and cook until heated through.
- Place cauliflower in large bowl and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes, or until tender. Add cream cheese and ½ cup cheese, and mix with electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Spoon turkey mixture into 11x8-inch baking dish. Top with mashed cauliflower and spread to evenly coat. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese melts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g