Trying to switch up your sandwich routine? Try rolling up your favorite sandwich toppings into a wrap and cutting into pinwheels. They’re the perfect kid-friendly food. Customize this recipe with your favorite lunchmeat, cheese, spreads and veggies!
Nutrition Tip: Taste alone may not reveal how much sodium is in foods. So when looking for low-sodium deli meats, be sure to choose those with, “no salt added,” on the packaging or food label.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 (10-inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoon hummus
- 3 slices low-sodium turkey
- 1 slice lowfat Cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 1/4 cup salad greens
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing
- 1 small GROW by Organics Unlimited banana
- Lay tortilla on flat surface.
- Spread with hummus and top with turkey, cheese and greens. Roll up and sliced into 1-inch thick rounds.
- Serve with sugar snap peas, Ranch and banana.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 34.5gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 16.5g