Be careful! Once you present these mini quiches featuring Village Farms® Cabernet Estate Reserve® tomatoes to holiday guests, they’ll disappear fast. The sweet, earthiness of the tomatoes paired with flavorful caramelized onions and the creaminess of goat cheese is an unbeatable combination.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
- 24 mini phyllo shells
- 1/2 cup chopped Village Farms® Cabernet Estate Reserve® tomatoes
- 4 ounces crumble goat cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onions are softened. Reduce heat to low and cook additional 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until onions are caramelized. Remove from heat, transfer to cutting board and finely chop.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place phyllo shells on parchment-lined baking sheet. Add onions, tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper in bowl. Pour into phyllo shells.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are set.