Tiramisu, the classic Italian dessert, goes kid-friendly with this recipe. We skipped the coffee flavor and gave it a fresh berry spin instead. Get the kids in the kitchen and helping prep this tasty dessert!
If there’s one thing to know about Italian culture, it’s that sharing recipes and gathering in the kitchen is a must. Oh, and don’t you dare say you’re “too full” if ever visiting an Italian family’s dinner party!
Cooking is an expression of love. “To feed my home is to feed my heart,” as my mom always says.
I recommend semi-sweet chocolate shavings for flavor purposes, but feel free to pair this treat with dark chocolate. There are many health benefits to dark chocolate such as better brain functionality, it’s rich in antioxidants, and it lowers blood pressure.
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 30 plain ladyfingers
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate shavings
- Mix whipping cream in medium bowl with electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Place jam in pie plate and microwave on HIGH 1 minute, or until melted.
- Soak 15 ladyfingers in jam, rotating to coat each side. Place ladyfingers side-by-side to cover bottom of 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with ½ whipped cream and smooth with spatula. Top with ½ raspberries and ½ chocolate. Repeat with layer of ladyfingers, whipped cream, raspberries and chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g