We encourage eating with your hands in this fun take on the traditional turkey sandwich. This turkey wrap gets an extra punch of nutrition with the addition of guacamole and veggies like cucumber, tomato, and carrots.
Nutrition Tip: Avocados are one of the only fruits that contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fat (the good-for-you fat) that helps boost good (HDL) cholesterol and lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1/2 pound thick sliced low-sodium turkey
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 teaspoons light Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Lay turkey slices flat on plate. Place cheese on top.
- Spread with 1 tsp. dressing. Add carrots, tomato, lettuce, cucumbers, pepper and avocado.
- Roll up and secure with toothpick.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 18.83gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 42.57gFiber: 8.60gProtein: 22.63g