Can’t decide on sweet or savory for lunch? Have both! Kids can get creative at lunchtime with these DIY crepes by filling with either the sweet mix of strawberries, bananas and yogurt, or go for a savory version with ham and cheese.
Nutrition Tip: Probiotics are live bacteria that are present in certain foods, like Greek yogurt, that help enhance the body’s digestive system by improving the gut flora.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1/2 GROW by Organics Unlimited banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 slices low-sodium deli sliced ham, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 (7-inch) pre-made crepes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp. ranch
- Mix bananas, strawberries, yogurt and honey in small bowl. Add to small container or silicone cupcake liner in bento box. In other cupcake liner, add ham and cheese. Pair with 2 crepe halves. During lunch, kids can assemble themselves!
- Serve with blueberries, carrots and ranch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 14gProtein: 10g