This winter, treat your family to a mug of this Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate with Raspberry Mint Drizzle. Fresh raspberries mix into the hot chocolate with each sip, making this recipe one you will remember.
I love planning and hosting parties, but I tend to get a bit worked up when preparing for them if I’m not organized. I’ve learned to start way in advance on my to-dos or else it’s chaos at the end. And the simpler I can make the menu, the better.
Right now, I’m planning for my mom’s 70th birthday party to be held at my home this weekend.
For a special drink, I wanted something that both the kids and adults would like – since it’s about 11 degrees out right now, I decided on hot chocolate. And because I can’t ever leave things as is, I took the hot chocolate to the next level by adding some color, along with a delicious flavor, not to mention nutrient boost —> making it Hot Chocolate with Raspberry Mint Drizzle.
The Raspberry Mint Drizzle is added after the hot chocolate is poured and is nothing more than raspberries and mint leaves simmered in water. When the whipped cream and raspberry sauce blends into the hot chocolate, the flavor is just amazing.
This recipe is virtually mess-free, simple to make, and you don’t have to watch it on the stove because it’s made in the crockpot. Another benefit is the hot chocolate doesn’t form a skin on top from sitting as milk would and holds well for long periods of time, making it perfect for parties!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup high-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4-8 cups (plus 3 Tbsp.) water
- 1/2 cup raspberries, mashed with fork + more for garnish
- 5-10 leaves fresh mint
- Add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and 4 cups hot water to slow cooker. Cook on high 55 minutes, whisking every 15 minutes. Test taste, adding more water until desired sweetness is reached.
- Meanwhile, heat pot over medium-low heat. Add raspberries, mint and 3 Tbsp. water. Simmer about 5 minutes, or until it reached a sauce-like consistency.
- Use mesh sieve to strain seeds from sauce, pressing through with the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g