There’s nothing like coming home to the smell of a delicious and nutritious dinner all ready to go! This slow cooker chicken and tomatoes cooks all day in the slow cooker so you have a healthy, homecooked meal with little-to-no fuss.
Once done cooking, you can shred the chicken or leave as-is. It’s great to serve over rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice for a delicious dinner. To add a little more flavor, squeeze some fresh lemon over top!
Recipe and photography courtesy of Jodi of Create Kids Club.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 small RealSweet® sweet onions, sliced
- 1 pint Nature Fresh Farms TOMZ cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package Eat Smart® sweet kale salad
- Place chicken, onions and tomatoes in slow cooker.
- Whisk garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and pepper in small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 21g