All your favorite pizza toppings, but in a fun make-ahead pasta salad that’s perfect for lunchboxes! Full of fresh veggies like tomatoes, peppers and onions, plus cubed cheese, mini pepperoni and olives, this pasta salad is easy to customize with whatever you have on hand or your kids enjoy.
Get your kids involved in prepping this pasta salad by chopping and mixing the ingredients. Leftovers pack well in lunchboxes and can be paired with veggies and dip, fruit, or other lunchbox faves.
Nutrition Tip: Sweet peppers are a good source of vitamin C, which will help your child soak up the iron in this pasta salad and strengthens the immune system.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 oz.) box rotini pasta
- 4 ounces Monterrey jack cheese, cubed
- 3 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced olived, drained
- 3/4 cup Nature Fresh Farms Tomberry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni slices
- 1/4 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Litehouse® Italian dressing
Lunchbox Sides (per serving)
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 2-inch sections
- 1 (1.5 oz.) Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dip cup
- 1 Crispy Green® crispy fruit
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let cool.
- Mix pasta, cheese, peppers, olives, tomatoes, pepperoni, onion and dressing in large bowl.
- Assemble lunchbox with pasta salad, carrots, celery, Ranch and crispy fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 6gSugar: 18gProtein: 12g