These mini carrot muffins with orange and raisin are great for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack option. Have an extra batch in the freezer for the busy back to school time.
- 1 large Sunkist® Navel orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 ounces matchstick carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Zest orange. Cut in half and juice to yield 1/4 cup juice.
- Mix eggs, applesauce, vanilla and 1/4 cup juice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest in separate bowl.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well blended. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased mini-muffin tin and bake 35-40 minutes, or a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins and let cool.