Busy families often rely on the convenience of boxed hamburger meals, but you can get the same delicious meal in a much healthier way with this one-pot cheeseburger mac!
Everything cooks in one pot for easy clean-up, and we swapped ground beef for a leaner ground turkey, added a few veggies and topped it off with real cheese.
Nutrition Tip: Along with calcium, cheese nutrition facts also include other essential nutrients including vitamins A and B12, riboflavin, and magnesium that help us function at our best.
The best part? Not only is this an easy weeknight dinner, but leftovers can be packed in a thermos for a delicious lunch on chilly days!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 1½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ cup whole grain dry macaroni
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey, onion and peppers. Cook 7-10 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Mix paprika, sugar, salt and chili powder in small bowl. Add to turkey and stir. Add water, milk, tomato paste and pasta. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 13gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 24g