‘Tis the season for a pumpkin spice latte! Craving your favorite pumpkin beverage, but don’t want to send your kids into a caffeine overload? This kid-friendly version is made with a few simple ingredients and caffeine-free! Don’t worry parents – just mix with a shot of espresso or your morning coffee if you need a pick-me-up. This recipe is also vegan and dairy-free! Have a nut allergy? Swap for unsweetened vanilla soymilk or regular dairy milk instead.
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat almond milk in small saucepot over medium heat. Once warmed, add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g