If you’ve never heard of Colcannon be prepared for something delicious! Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish made with mashed potatoes and either kale or cabbage. This version is made with cabbage and Russet potatoes in the Instant Pot for a quick and easy side dish for St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year. Top with green onions, bacon or cheese for a delicious addition!
Recipe and Photography by Jodi of Create Kids Club.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 head green cabbage, sliced
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, diced
- 4 pounds RPE, Inc. russet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Add butter and let melt. Add cabbage and onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add potatoes and water and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure 5 minutes (Instant Pot will take 10 minutes to come up to pressure before counting down). When done cooking, quick release pressure.
- Add milk and mash with potato masher.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g