Heavy up on the veggies for an extra boost of nutrition in this healthier version of a beef pot roast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped RealSweet® sweet onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chuck roast, season with salt and pepper as desired, and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, or until meat is browned.
- Place chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning in slow cooker and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Season with lemon juice, to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 28.97gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 22.22gFiber: 4.86gProtein: 26.25g