There’s always an abundance of veggies like tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms during the summer. For the pizza recipe, we grill the veggies first to give them a delicious flavor then add to our pizza along with fresh mozzarella for a meal the whole family loves. Have different veggies on hand? This pizza is customizable to your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Tip: Vidalia onions are sweeter than other onions, but are still a good source of the antioxidant vitamin, vitamin C.
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 small RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-inch) premade whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) part-skim mozzarella ball, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Toss tomatoes, onions, zucchini and mushrooms with ½ Tbsp. oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Grill 10-15 minutes on preheated grill, or until tender. Remove from grill. (You can use a grill mat or aluminum foil on grill for easier grilling.)
- Coat pizza crust with remaining ½ Tbsp. oil. Add garlic, vegetables and cheese. Place pizza on grill, close lid and grill 5-7 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.