Meatballs get a Greek spin with ground turkey, green onion, spinach and fresh dill. Served over a bed of Greek salad with bell peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers, this recipe screams all things fresh. Try topping with a little Greek yogurt, adding olives or sprinkling with fresh herbs.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine turkey, garlic, green onions, egg, spinach, breadcrumbs, dill, salt and pepper in large bowl. Mix well. Shape into 16 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, divide salad kit into 4 bowls. Top with meatballs, red peppers, tomatoes and cucumber.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g