To make this recipe lunchbox-ready, drizzle apple slices with lemon juice and assemble the pita sandwiches just before eating.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 whole wheat pitas, cut into 4 triangles
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 kiwi, sliced
- Spread 1 Tbsp. almond butter on each pita triangle. Top with apple and kiwi.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 571Total Fat: 24gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 13gProtein: 20g