This salad combines all your favorite fall flavors into one bowl! Roasted butternut squash, crisp apples, goat cheese, pecans, dried cranberries and pepitas are tossed with salad greens and a homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette for a delicious meal or side dish.
Have leftover grilled chicken on hand? Add it to pump up the protein and turn this salad into a hearty meal.
Fall Harvest Salad
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) package salad greens
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pepitas
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss butternut squash with oil, salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Add salad greens to large bowl. Top with butternut squash, goat cheese, apple, pecans, dried cranberries and pepitas.
- Whisk apple cider vinegar, oil, maple syrup, mustard and salt in small bowl until well combine. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 14gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g