Skip the tortilla for Taco Tuesday with a lighter chopped taco salad! With the help of a chopped salad kit, this easy weeknight dinner goes from fridge to table in about 10 minutes. Swap the ground beef for black beans to go vegetarian, or switch it up with leftover rotisserie chicken, shrimp or steak.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package Chipotle & Cheddar chopped salad kit
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook 5-7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and water. Stir well and let simmer until water evaporates.
- Divide salad kit and toppings among 4 bowls. Top with ground beef, tomatoes, avocado and dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 21gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g