Tart apples combine with cottage cheese, sweet blueberries and crunchy pistachios to create a fun-to-make snack. Apples are a great source of antioxidants and pistachios are packed with protein, making this a healthy and satisfying snack.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- Cut apples in half lengthwise. Scoop out center with melon baller or spoon, leaving about ¼-inch apple flesh on inside.
- Mix cottage cheese, blueberries and pistachios in small bowl.
- Fill hollowed apples with cottage cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 apple halves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 14gSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 7gProtein: 22g