This Citrus Asian Broccoli Slaw recipe can be made up to three days in advance (wait to add almonds until just before serving for the most crunch) and pairs well alongside our Asian Pulled Pork Sliders, Chicken Veggie Wraps or Hidden Veggie Turkey Meatballs.
Nutrition Tip: Broccoli is sometimes referred to as the “Crown of Jewel Nutrition,” and for good reason. This vegetable is packed with potassium, folate, vitamin K, and C for supporting your heart, bones, and skin.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 slices uncured bacon
- 1 (10 oz.) package broccoli slaw
- 2 mandarins, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spread almonds on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway through, to toast evenly. Set aside to cool.
- Place bacon on microwave-safe plate lined with two paper towels. Place two more paper towels on top and microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 minutes or until cooked through and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Combine broccoli slaw, oranges, grapefruit and edamame in large bowl. Crumble cooked bacon over top and gently mix.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk sugar, vinegar and oil. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Add almonds and toss again. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 16gSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 18.5gProtein: 7g