This healthier spin on the classic chocolate chip cookie cuts down on the amount of fat and added sugar by replacing most of the butter and sugar with mashed banana. The oats add protein and fiber, making this cookie perfect for dessert, a snack or grab-and-go breakfast!
Nutrition Tip: Bananas are the perfect snack for active individuals, as they tend to be easy on the stomach but high in minerals for reducing muscle soreness and cramping. Stir into oatmeal, freeze for smoothies or sandwich between a bit of nut butter and you are good to go!
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl.
- Mix butter, sugar, banana and vanilla in separate bowl. Add egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet and press down to flatten.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until browned. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g