Classic Chinese chicken salad goes plant-based with this delicious vegan recipe. This pasta salad is packed with mini sweet peppers, mandarins, green onions, spinach and carrots, then tossed with a sesame ginger dressing and topped with Chow Mein noodles for added crunch.
Tip: Pack the Chow Mein noodles in a small container in the lunchbox to be added right before eating to ensure optimal crunchiness!
Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 6 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 3 Sunkist Delite™ mandarins, peeled, segmented
- 3 River Fresh Farms green onions, sliced
- 2 cups organicgirl baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup sesame ginger dressing
- 1/4 cup Chow Mein noodles
Sides (per lunchbox)
- 1 golden kiwi, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame pods
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Mix pasta, peppers, oranges, green onion, spinach, carrots and dressing in large bowl. Toss to coat well. Top with Chow Mein noodles. (For lunchboxes, pack Chow Mein noodles in a small container to be added right before eating to ensure optimal crunchiness!)
- Serve with kiwi and edamame