Classic chicken noodle soup gets a veggie-packed makeover with zucchini noodles (zoodles)! Make a batch for a delicious dinner, then pack leftovers in a thermos the next morning for lunch. For best results, prep your thermos by adding boiling water to it while you heat the leftover. Then, dump out the water and add leftover. This will help keep the soup warm until lunchtime.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped Pero Family Farms®green beans
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound Pero Family Farms® organic zucchini veggie spirals
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add carrots, garlic, onions and green beans to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add stock, 2 cups water and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, add chicken and zucchini. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 3-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g