This cute butterfly bento box will liven up any lunchbox! Use a cookie cutter for fruits and veggies for a quick and easy way to add more fun to lunchtime.
Nutrition Tip: Make half your child’s grains “whole” by reading the ingredients list and choosing 100% whole wheat bread, bagels, pasta, or tortillas.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 small banana, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- 1 small clementine
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- Spread peanut butter onto each slice of bread. Top with banana and drizzle with honey. Use cookie cutter to cut sandwich.
- Assemble remaining ingredients into bento box.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 20gSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 10gSugar: 31gProtein: 18g