This Southwestern-inspired breakfast taco recipe is savory and easy to make.
Nutrition Tip: Mushrooms benefit both our bodies and the earth —a true win-win! These fungi break down organic matter in order to recycle vital nutrients for the planet and are filled with essential nutrients for us.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Chihuahua cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Place tortillas into the skillet one at a time and heat each side 1 minute. Set aside on plate.
- Re-spray skillet with nonstick spray and return pan to heat. Add onions and mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent. Add tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix eggs in mixing bowl and pour into skillet. Let set 1 minute. Add cooked vegetables and cheese, and stir gently 2-3 minutes, or until all ingredients are scrambled.
- Top tortillas with eggs and season with garlic, salt and pepper, and top with salsa or guacamole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 452mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gProtein: 25g