The traditional Caprese salad of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil gets an upgrade with the addition of avocado and a balsamic glaze. This salad can be prepped ahead of time, just leave out the avocado and balsamic glaze until ready to serve. Perfect for a family cookout or to pair alongside your favorite grilled chicken.
Nutrition Tip: Yes, avocados contain fat–a good kind called monounsaturated that’s healthy for the heart. They also boast phytosterols, natural plant chemicals that help lower cholesterol.
- 4 ounces fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Mission Produce avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Mix cheese, tomatoes, avocado, basil and oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g