Keep your little ones warm in the winter time with this healthy and hearty Alphabet Soup. Kids will have fun spelling out words with the pasta letters and trying out a variety of veggies!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups baby kale
- 8 ounces green beans, chopped
- 1 russet potato, peeled, diced
- 1/2 medium RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, finely chopped
- 2 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, kale, green beans, potatoes and onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in pasta and cook 10 minutes, or until cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g