This light, easy vegetable tortellini soup recipe is ready in only 30 minutes, making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Leftovers make for the perfect hearty lunch.
Nutrition Tip: Tomatoes contain lycopene, an important antioxidant, which may help protect against prostate cancer and heart disease.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (48 oz.) carton low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 head escarole, roughly chopped
- 12 oz. green beans, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 (12 oz.) package dry tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes, escarole, green beans and corn. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat and simmer 9-10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked. Top with 1½ tsp. cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 6.5gProtein: 14g