Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Celery is available year-round.
Health Benefits of Celery:
- Celery is an excellent source of Vitamin K, a very good source of folate, potassium, fiber and manganese, and a good source of Vitamins B2, C, B6 and A, copper, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
How to Select Celery:
- Choose straight, rigid celery stalks with fresh leaves.
- Avoid pithy, woody, or limp stalks.
How to Store Celery:
- Wrap celery in tightly aluminum foil and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
How to Prepare Celery:
- Cut off the base of the celery and leaves.
- Rinse the stalks in water to get off any dirt and sand.
Fun Facts About Celery:
- Celery can reach the height of 3.3 feet.
- The first use of celery as a culinary ingredient was as flavoring in France.