Finding new ways to freshen up lunchboxes can be a real challenge. Luckily, this Packable Caesar Pasta Salad recipe is a fresh idea to replace lunchtime sandwich staples.
Nutrition Tip: The American Heart Association recommends eating 3 or more whole-grain foods, like whole-wheat pasta, every day, to reduce your risk of certain chronic diseases.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox for a chance to win weekly prizes.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 1 (14.5 oz.) box whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Marie's® Market Reserve Smoked Black Pepper Caesar Dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 large zucchini, julienned
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and rinse with cold water.
- Mix tomatoes, peas, beans, peppers and garlic in large mixing bowl. Add cooked pasta, dressing, cheese and zucchini and mix well.
- Serve with Fruit Naturals®
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 2.29gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 56.62gFiber: 9.17gProtein: 14.17g