In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Michelle Mitchell, co-founder of Humm Kombucha. Over the last few years, kombucha consumption has grown in popularity and we turned to Michelle to answer all of our questions around health benefits, alcohol content, pregnancy safety, and more.
Michelle’s passion for kombucha started over a decade ago and led to her founding Humm. She is the primary driver of Humm’s amazing culture and brand ethos within our staff-centric organization. She is instrumental in creating an air of positive energy and forging a culture of joy and freedom at Humm.
Michelle worked for 6 years in sales and fundraising for Great American Opportunities and the Southwestern Company, earning top sales awards each year before founding Humm. She is fluent in Spanish and studied Arabic extensively while spending time in the Middle East. She has competed in three Ironman triathlons and spent 3 years traveling around the world before settling in Bend, OR. Michelle is a graduate of Central College where she studied Music and Spanish and Biology.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Produce for Kids e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our new Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Healthy Bites Featuring Pero Family Farms
Today, we’re snacking on the perfect summer dish – Rainbow Italian Pasta Salad featuring Pero Family Farms® mini sweet peppers. This recipe is flavor-packed, loaded with nutrients, and perfect to add to your summer cookout rotation. Mini sweet peppers add a pop of color and delicious crunch to this super tasty recipe. Prepare a large batch ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week. Click here for more delicious recipe ideas from Pero Family Farms.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 1:03 T-Shirt Fundraiser
- 5:01 How Michelle got her start in the kombucha world
- 6:54 What is kombucha?
- 8:23 Kombucha health benefits
- 11:20 How much kombucha should you drink per day?
- 13:40 Kombucha alcohol content
- 14:36 Healthy Bite Featuring Pero Family Farms
- 16:06 Can you drink kombucha while pregnant?
- 17:42 Do added flavors diminish the health benefits?
- 18:48 What’s new at Humm?
- 20:00 Where to buy Humm Kombucha
- Humm Kombucha
- Humm Store Locator
- Follow Humm on Instagram & Facebook
- Buy Our What’s Your Cause Shirts & Make a Difference to Families in Need
- Food Rx: What You Need to Know About Probiotics for Kids
- 5 Food Habits to Boost Your Immune System
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 50: Managing Kids at Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Episode 48: Self-Care for Busy Families
- Episode 30: Getting Kids in the Kitchen this Summer
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.