In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Dr. Stephanie Smith about how to manage anxiety and adjust to life around COVID-19. Dr. Stephanie shares lots of great tips to help families navigate their new routines, tips to avoid overconsuming news, and ways to address the topic with kids and help them understand what’s going on. She also shares ways to stay connected to loved ones despite isolation.
Dr. Stephanie Smith is a mother, clinical psychologist and author of Dr. Stephanie. In her practice, she works with moms, dads, teens and tweens. Dr. Smith uses humor, compassion and common sense to help people make positive changes in their lives. She especially enjoys working with parents to assist them in strengthening their families from the inside out.
On her blog, she writes about technology, parenting, friendship, and pop culture – all with a mental health twist. In addition, Dr. Smith is an official blogger for the American Psychological Association’s blog, Your Mind, Your Body.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Produce for Kids e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our new Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 3:11 How to talk to kids about the pandemic
- 4:14 Tips for media consumption
- 10:18 How can we stay connected to our loved ones through social distancing
- 16:43 How to keep up with routines & figure out new schedules
- 23:14 Adjusting to life at home & setting boundaries
- 28:38 How can families manage stress? How to talk to kids about income loss?
- 32:00 How to stay positive through this situation?
- Helping Teenagers Cope with COVID-19
- Managing Anxiety & Worry Around COVID-19
- 35 Healthy Pantry Staple Recipes
- Jump Start Dinner with these Conversation Starters
- Kid-Friendly Kitchen Tasks for Every Age
- 12 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids
- Foods to Fight Cold & Flu
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 3: Managing Screen Time
- Episode 9: Quick & Easy Dinner Hacks
- Episode 21: Meal Planning & Cooking with Kids
- Episode 40: Meditation Benefits for Kids
- Episode 24: Making Exercise a Family Affair
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.