In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Dr. Stephanie Smith about easing testing anxiety in kids and teens. Dr. Stephanie shares tips on how to help your kids manage testing stress, how to prepare mentally for testing, establishing a good morning routine for big tests and how to talk to your kids about their test results.
Whether your child undergoes standardized testing at school, is prepping for college entrance exams like the SATs or just has a big school test coming up, this episode is a must-listen!
Dr. Stephanie Smith is a mother, clinical psychologist and author of Dr. Stephanie. In her practice, she works with moms, dads, teens and tweens. Dr. Smith uses humor, compassion and common sense to help people make positive changes in their lives. She especially enjoys working with parents to assist them in strengthening their families from the inside out.
On her blog, she writes about technology, parenting, friendship, and pop culture – all with a mental health twist. In addition, Dr. Smith is an official blogger for the American Psychological Association’s blog, Your Mind, Your Body.
Today, we’re snacking on a delicious Caramelized Vidalia® Onion, Goat Cheese and Arugula Flatbread Pizza from RealSweet® Onions! Caramelize your onions ahead of time and throw this flatbread together is just 15 minutes.
Vidalia season officially kicks off on April 22 so keep your eyes peeled for RealSweet Vidalia onions hitting a grocery store near you. Grab the recipes on RealSweet.com.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 1:55 How to help kids & teens manage stress around tests
- 6:08 How parents can help kids mentally prepare for tests
- 8:45 Healthy Bite Break
- 11:15 Tips for morning routine on the day of a big test
- 14:01 How should parents go about reviewing test results with kids
- Ask the Psychologist: Managing School Anxiety
- Dr. Stephanie Smith’s blog
- How to Build a Better Breakfast
- 12 Healthy Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas
- Standardized Tests – How to Help Kids Cope with the Pressure
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 19: Promoting Positive Body Image with Kids
- Episode 8: Anxiety Around Back to School
- Episode 3: Managing Screen Time
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.