In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Heather Englund of Fit Mama Real Food about how to start cooking and meal prepping with kids. Heather shares what age to get kids in the kitchen, easy kitchen tasks for little ones, and how to get them involved with meal planning and prepping.
Heather is a fellow podcast host on Fit Mama Real Food Radio. She’s mom to four little ones, teaches a variety of group fitness classes and is an advocate for real food. On her podcast and blog, she talks all about food, fitness, motherhood and mindset.
Today, we’re snacking on a delicious and refreshing Watermelon Salsa! Perfect to prepare for picnics and potlucks or make a big batch on Sunday to snack on throughout the week.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 1:10 Meet Heather
- 2:47 Philosophy around cooking with kids
- 5:05 What age to bring kids into the kitchen
- 6:01 Kitchen tasks for kids
- 17:08 Ideas for kids involved in meal prepping
- 22:18 Kitchen gadget tips
- Fit Mama Real Food
- Fit Mama Real Food Podcast
- Follow Heather on Instagram
- 3–ingredient Cheddar Broccoli Egg Muffins
- Free e-book – Feeding Kids Real Food
- Learning Tower
- Kids Knives
- Watermelon Salsa
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Episode 7: Lunchbox Meal Prep
- Episode 9: Quick & Easy Dinner Hacks
- Episode 14: Tips for Grocery Shopping for Kids
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.