In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Jodi Danen of Create Kids Club about packing healthy lunchboxes for all ages. She shares tips on what and how much to pack for different ages, how to get your kids to eat their lunch and more.
Jodi Danen is a registered dietitian and mother of two elementary-aged budding chefs. She is the voice of Create Kids Club, a food and nutrition blog for parents who desire healthy family meals but are short on time. Her recipes are simple to prepare, have a short ingredient list, and focus on fresh foods. With her background in school nutrition, she is passionate about getting children in the kitchen cooking at young ages & believes this is key to forming healthy habits for life.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 1:43 Meet Jodi
- 3:37 Portion sizes for lunchboxes
- 11:52 Lunch ideas for toddlers
- 13:53 How to make lunches more for elementary school kids
- 16:15 Lunchbox notes
- 19:40 How to convince teens to pack a lunch
- 75+ Healthy Lunchbox Ideas
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- Tips for Packing School Lunches
- 10 Ways to Add Fruits & Veggies to Lunchboxes
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- Fun Fruit & Veggie Shapes for the Lunchbox
- Lunch Bites from Create Kids Club
- Choose Your Lunch printable
- Subscribe to the Produce for Kids Newsletter
- Sign up for the Create Kids Club Newsletter
- Follow Create Kids Club on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.